Join my community and get a
FREE Complete Budget Pack
sent right to your inbox!
Summertime is almost synonymous with outdoor fun. If you spend any time outside, then you’ll know that mosquitoes love summer, too. Here are some quick tips for how to avoid bug bites this summer.
1.) Remove Standing Water
Mosquitoes live and breed around bodies of water. Get rid of their habitats by dumping any water out of kiddie pools and emptying extra water from potted plants. You should also check any low-lying areas of your yard or campsite where water could collect. Finally, check any drains or gutters to make sure you’re not creating a breeding ground of undrained rainwater.
2.) Avoid the Outdoors from Dusk to Dawn
Mosquitoes are more active from sunset to sunrise. Limiting your time outdoors during these hours will cut your risk of becoming a meal for hungry mosquitoes. Plan your summer activities to avoid these hours and you’ll notice less mosquito activity.
3.) Wear Long, Loose-Fitting Clothing
If you choose to go outside during “mealtime,” covering your skin will minimize the feasting area of hungry mosquitoes. Wear long sleeves and longer pants if you know you’ll be out during dark. Also, by covering up with loose-fitting clothing you will prevent insects from easily piercing through your clothes to your skin directly underneath. These clothes don’t have to be heavy. There are many options for lightweight clothing sold at most outdoor stores that will help you stay cool and unhindered by bug bites.
4.) Turn on a Fan
The breeze from a fan at ground level will dissipate the human odors that attract mosquitoes. If they can’t smell you then they won’t be able to find you as easily. Also, since mosquitoes are weak flyers. The breeze from a fan could prevent them from making it your direction.
5.) Apply Natural Insect Deterrent
Try a natural insect deterrent to keep the pests away. Use this easy camping spray recipe to keep mosquitoes from ruining your summer fun.
Natural Camping Spray
Mix all ingredients together in a dark, glass spray bottle. Apply generously to all exposed areas. Make sure to test on small corner of clothing before spraying all over.
The reason this camping spray works is because of the citronella essential oil that is in the Purification blend. Citronella is popularly used as an insect deterrent. (See below for how to buy this blend at wholesale pricing.)
So remember this quick checklist to have a safe and bug-free summer:
1. Click on this link and fill in your information. Please use your laptop or desktop to sign-up, instead of your smartphone or tablet
2. Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices (which are 24% more than wholesale).
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 2599082 (This will confirm your order so I can send you your free book!)
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number then you can get an EIN from the IRS and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes – It’s super fast and easy to do!). Young Living needs a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Keep in mind that if you use an EIN, you will need to talk to your accountant about filing quarterly taxes. Here’s the link for an EIN: https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp. Or, if you feel more comfortable, you can visit irs.gov and search for “Employer Identification Number (EIN).”
- Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation would be the Premium Starter Kit (and that’s the one that qualifies you for the free reference book that I’ll send out!) All of the oils mentioned in this post are currently available in the Everyday Oils Essential Oils Collection which comes in your Premium Starter Kit. You can get one of the kits that are $150, or you can get a kit for $160 with the bamboo essential oil diffuser.
- Step 3 is a completely OPTIONAL part of the sign-up process. If you’re going to be purchasing products monthly then it’s a great program that will give you credit back with each order and save you on shipping costs.
- Go through the checkout process.
- After you sign up, send me (Beth) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know that you signed up through me so that I will know to send you your free reference book. Feel free to ask any questions in the email and I will also help you find the information that you need.