This weeks recipe for Cooking with the FREE & Cheap is Apple Pork Chops. This dish does not look ‘cheap’ at all, and is a great recipe to serve guests without feeling like you are cooking them an inexpensive meal.
Here on ‘I am THAT lady’ I LOVE to show you recipes that you can make for $10 or less, using ingredients that are FREE or Cheap at your local grocery store. The prices used in this post are taken from my local grocery store; you can find comparable prices at your store. To print this recipe, you can hit the printer icon at the bottom of this post.
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- 1 – 1.5 lbs boneless center cut pork chops
- 3 apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly rub pork chops with olive oil and then generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops in hot pan and get a nice sear on both sides.
- Place in a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Put butter in a small saucepan and add the brown sugar mixture, apples and onion. Heat over medium heat until everything is combined and apples and onions are just tender. Arrange apples over pork chops and drizzle the remaining sauce on top of them.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cook for 25 minutes, remove foil and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until done.
Have you grabbed my freezer meal plans, yet? I might be biased but I think they are pretty amazing! They have saved our dinner hour for years now. Check them out!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
Join 90,000 others to get your
FREE Complete Budget Pack
sent right to your inbox!