Join my community and get a
FREE Complete Budget Pack
sent right to your inbox!
Looking for ways to make extra money? Whether you are struggling to make ends meet, need to pay for a surprise expense, or you’re trying to save for something extra, finding ways to boost your income is essential. When your day is booked solid and you already work a 9 to 5, it may seem like fitting more work into your life is impossible. With these 13 ways to make an easy $100, you’ll be achieving those financial goals in no time.
Sell Something in Your Home
1. Yard Sales – Gather up all the items around your home that you no longer want, use, or have outgrown and host a garage sale. Encourage neighbors to have one, too – it will bring in more people and help increase sales. Check out my step-by-step guide on how to organize an amazing garage sale.
2. Sell on Facebook – Look for selling walls on Facebook for your area. Join the selling walls to sell items in your home or to keep an eye out for what other people are looking for, you just might have something laying around that others will buy.
3. Sell on eBay or Craigslist – both sites are terrific for making some quick cash. Items that are large and will be expensive to ship would be easier to sell on Craigslist. Smaller items that will ship easily would do better with eBay’s huge number of buyers. And you might be surprised as to what will sell on eBay – here’s a list of 25 things you never would have guessed you can make money selling!
4. Shop Thrift Stores or Yard Sales – Thrift stores and yard sales have lots of hidden treasures. But you have to know what you’re looking for. Do you enjoy fashion? Antiques? Old records? If you are knowledgeable in a specific field, then stop by a thrift store and see if you can pick out the diamond in the rough. Reselling on eBay or Amazon is a snap!
5. Shop clearance items – The big stores like Target and Walmart are in a constant cycle of having to make room for new stock. And when you see that red tag, or better yet – an entire shelf of clearance items, take a look. It’s the discounts of greater than 50% that you are really interested in. Just because it is deeply discounted at Walmart doesn’t mean it’s discounted on eBay or Amazon! Using the Fulfillment by Amazon program, you can easily sell items on Amazon. Using the Amazon Selling App, you can scan barcodes right there in the store with your smartphone and quickly see if you can score a profit.
Put Your Skills to Work
6. Contract Work – Teachers can tutor. Those who work in finance can help with taxes, investing, or financial planning. If you have a chosen career that could be done on the side, contract out to others to bring in extra income.
7. Drive for Uber – You don’t have to be a licensed taxi driver to drive strangers around. Uber has literally changed the way people get around in metropolitan areas. If you have a car and a driver’s license, that might be all you need to start making some quick cash. The Rideshare Guy has some great info about driving for Uber and other ridesharing services like Lyft and Sidecar.
Work From Home
8. Online Surveys – While you won’t earn that $100 quickly, with regular attention to filling out online surveys, you can earn a few dollars each night. One year, I paid for all our Christmas presents by casually taking online surveys throughout the year. Check out my detailed guide on at home surveys!
9. Rent Out Your Home – If you have space in your home to rent out, take advantage of it to earn extra income. Rent out your garage for someone to store their motorcycle or car. Extra driveway space can be used for someone to park their camper or boat. Use Airbnb to rent out a room in your home to travelers. If you have a large yard, you could rent out space for gardens to those who are unable to have one at their home. With very little work on your part (with the exception of the Airbnb where you will have to do some preparations for visitors), you could earn an extra $100 or more every single month of the year.
10. Sell Plants – In the late winter or early spring (at other times of the year depending on what climate you live in), set up space in your garage or backyard to start seeds for plants. You can start vegetables, flowers, and even houseplants. Once these plants become larger, head to your local farmer’s market to sell them. Vegetable plants could earn you $2 or more per plant, while larger flowers and houseplants even more.
Fill a Need
11. Sell Plasma – Plasma donation centers are usually in large metropolitan cities and near college campuses. If you live near one, you could earn $100 in two weeks by selling your plasma. Plasma donating is similar to blood donations, however, a machine does the work for you. Your blood is returned to your body and because of this, you are able to give plasma twice a week. Donations could earn you $25 each time. You only need a couple hours and you’ll earn money while helping someone out as well.
12. Mystery Shopper – Businesses all across the country are in need of impartial shoppers to come in and test out their food, products, and employees. You can earn a free meal and a few dollars each time you shop a restaurant. Doing a few shops each week can offer you a free meal and extra padding in your savings account without a lot of work. Read some great tips for Mystery Shoppers here.
13. Gigwalk – If you have a smartphone, download the Gigwalk app. Through Gigwalk, you connect with area businesses who are in need of assistance. You accept gigs based on your availability and what you are able to do. Once complete you will earn the offered payment.
Earning $100 doesn’t have to be difficult, sometimes it simply takes creative thinking about what you have or can offer that others are willing to pay for.
What other ways can you think of to earn an easy $100?