It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I left my former job to blog with Lauren full-time… and it's been a crazy time so far. Good… but crazy. I've got so much to learn, but here are 11 things I've learned about this new blogging life so far:
1. It's not a 9-5 job. It's more like 7-7:20, 9-12, 1-2, 2:30-3:15, 4-5, 8-10:30 kind of job… or however the day happens to work out.
2. Lauren knows YOU, the readers pretty well. And it's all about you. We only post things that we think will interest many of you, and don't waste time with things that you won't like.
3. It's complicated! There is so much behind the scenes. I come from a very analytical background, and blogging is every bit as involved. It's gonna take me a while to wrap my head around everything.
4. I do NOT miss my daily commute from Oswego to Syracuse – especially this winter!
5. My initial uneducated opinion about Pinterest was correct – it's 99% women (ok, maybe only 80%). I guess I will be one of the few men using it.
6. My 6 month old daughter Abby cries ALOT during the day.
7. My daughter Kaylee is INTENSE! When she's happy, she's adorably ecstatic; when she's upset… WATCH OUT. She even plays with her toys intensely. Just yesterday, I heard her yell from the toy room, “Are you talking to me?!!!” …followed by, “No talk to me! Ever. EVER!!!” I looked back to see what was going on, and she was innocently playing with a pony and a princess. (And NO… she definitely does not hear her parents talk like this!)
8. I am still puzzled and amazed at how Lauren handled all of this before (see 6 and 7 above).
9. My kids love seeing me.
10. My wife loves seeing me.
11. I love seeing them.