Join my community and get a
FREE Complete Budget Pack
sent right to your inbox!
These 10 Easy DIY Natural Beauty Products are a collection of recipes that anyone can put together for greater health and more radiant beauty.
When I started trying to live a more natural life, the first place I looked was my cleaning products. After I found some good alternative recipes for cleaning products, I overhauled my beauty supplies and toiletries. Our family was using so many chemicals to try and stay clean and beautiful. These recipes are the result of some trial and error to see what worked for us. You might want to tweak them a little to fit your family's needs.
You only need 7 natural products that can be found at any health and natural food store plus some quality essential oils. (See the end of the post to find out where I buy my oils at a great discount!)
Essential Oil Ingredients
The essential oil will create a soothing aroma and help you release tension as you soak. Oats soothe dry and sensitive skin.
Apply a very small amount and work with your fingertips from your scalp to the ends of your hair. Rinse thoroughly.
As always, take care not to get any in your eyes. If some gets in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with regular tap water.
This shampoo is invigorating for your scalp and aromatherapeutic for your entire being. Your hair will be gently cleansed and moistened in one step.
I like to flip my hair over and finish the conditioning by running my fingers through my hair in front and back.
The jojoba oil is easily absorbed into your hair and scalp. It leaves a soft feeling instead of a greasy residue. The vitamin E is extra nourishment for your locks. The lavender essential oil will leave you feeling peaceful and calm, ready to face the day ahead. You’ll also carry that calming influence with you as you go about your day.
Creamy NOT greasy
Apply all over your body to moisturize your skin. This would be great for elbows and knees or dry winter skin. This is probably a little too heavy to use on the face, but some people with very dry, chapped skin might enjoy the combination.
Shea butter is a emollient which holds in moisture. Coconut oil is a great, all-purpose oil that most people find very soothing and penetrating to their deeply dry skin. Jojoba oil absorbs easily into the skin and makes this body butter less greasy. The lavender essential oil will help soothe even dry, cracked skin while also giving a sense of peacefulness and calm. Vegetable glycerin actually draws in water from the air. This helps moisturize your skin. Finally, vitamin E is an excellent nourishing ingredient for hair and nails. It feeds healthy cells!
I got this idea from DIY Natural and love the concept. I made a few changes that worked for our family.
The coconut oil is a great choice for sensitive skin. It is a wonderful way to apply essential oils because it’s gentle and holds the oils on the skin so that they can be absorbed. Shea butter is emollient and basically creates a protective barrier so your skin doesn’t lose precious moisture. This combination of essential oils are great for sensitive and dry, scaly skin. It can support your body in healing itself.
You can apply Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil directly to your skin for effective acne treatment, but I think the addition of the jojoba oil helps the skin heal and prevents it from getting dried out.
The oats will gently exfoliate your skin removing dead skin cells. Castile soap is gentle enough for sensitive skin but cleansing enough to remove makeup and dirt from your pores. The circular motion encourages glowing skin. Make sure to apply a moisturizer after cleansing your face.
Apply to clean dry skin. This facial moisturizer is light enough to use day or night. If you use it before applying makeup just make sure to give plenty of time for your skin to completely absorb the oils.
I use this on my face each night. It soothes my sensitive skin and doesn't irritate my rosacea.
This lip balm soothes dry, cracked lips. The peppermint is invigorating. I love the shiny gloss this adds to my lips.
Swish in your mouth for around 30 seconds.
This has a cleansing effect on your teeth and gums. Swish away!
You might also enjoy adding a drop or two of peppermint essential oil to this recipe. Yummy pepperminty goodness!
I hope you enjoy these 10 Easy DIY Beauty Products as much as we do. They've saved our family lots of money on our way to a healthier, more natural life.
1. Click on this link and fill in your information. Please use your laptop or desktop to sign-up, instead of your smartphone or tablet.
2. Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices (which are 24% more than wholesale).
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 2599082 (This will confirm your order so I can send you your free book!)
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number then you can get an EIN from the IRS and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes – It's super fast and easy to do!). Young Living needs a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law).
Keep in mind that if you use an EIN, you will need to talk to your accountant about filing quarterly taxes.
Here's the link for an EIN: https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp
Or, if you feel more comfortable, you can visit irs.gov and search for “Employer Identification Number (EIN).”
- Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation would be the Premium Starter Kit (and that’s the one that qualifies you for the free reference book that I'll send out!) All of the oils mentioned in this post are currently available in the Everyday Oils Essential Oils Collection which comes in your Premium Starter Kit. You can get one of the kits that are $150, or you can get a kit for $160 with the bamboo essential oil diffuser.
- Step 3 is a completely OPTIONAL part of the sign-up process. If you’re going to be purchasing products monthly then it’s a great program that will give you credit back with each order and save you on shipping costs.
- Go through the checkout process.
- After you sign up, send me (Beth) an email to email@example.com letting me know that you signed up through me so that I will know to send you your free reference book. Feel free to ask any questions in the email and I will also help you find the information that you need.